Blog Entry #3 - A Sweet Strawberry Escape.

    As I open the slender, transparent package, the candies emit a subtle crinkle as I carefully peel back the plastic foil, whispering promises of sweet and cool sensations. The strawberry candy felt cold and smooth in my palm, as it started to work its magic. The candy's exterior was a vibrant hue of pink and red, reminiscent of freshly picked strawberries glistening in the sunlight and it invites me to indulge in a fruity surprise. 

    Bringing it to my lips, I feel a sense of anticipation building within me. As I place the candy onto my tongue, it dissolves effortlessly, as a burst of fruity strawberries invades my taste buds. The sensation was like biting into a juicy strawberry on a warm summer day after I had just hand-picked them with my grandma in our beautifully made garden. Each taste of sweet and tangy overwhelmed my senses with pure bliss. 

    With each passing moment, the candy began to melt away, leaving behind a reminder of its presence. It is not just a moment of tasting but joy, memories, and happiness all in one candy. Memories of my childhood growing up in Utah during those warm summer days, excited to see what our garden has grown. The bite of one candy created a sense of nostalgia that lingered in the air, and the taste on my tongue that would not go away. 

    As I reflect on the experience of indulging in this candy delight, I am struck by the profound connection of my past and present. With each taste, I am back in my childhood home, running through the grassy fields and picking plants in my garden. The taste of ripe strawberries that were freshly picked, floods my senses and brings a wave of happiness. The candy also serves as a reminder to savor the simple pleasure in life. In a world with constant complexity and uncertainty, the simple act of eating a strawberry-flavored candy offers a chance to reconnect with the innocence of our youth and to bring you back to the good old days. 


Comments